This website has been created using Ghost. The site is hosted on an AWS t2.micro EC2 instance. More details are below.
- Use Bitnami Ghost AMI (free) from AWS Marketplace while creating your EC2 instance.
- Set up Elastic IP to get a public IP and point your IP to your domain using Route 53 as described here. (the domain registrar for HoopedOnData is GoDaddy)
- Login to your EC2 instance via ssh and obtain initial account password for Ghost admin user ([email protected])
sudo cat /home/bitnami/bitnami_credentials
- Next update the site for https access as described here:
sudo /opt/bitnami/configure_app_domain --domain hoopedondata.com sudo /opt/bitnami/bncert-tool # At the prompt, enter: hoopedondata.com www.hoopedondata.com
- Refer to the latest Ghost docs.
- Login to https://www.hoopedondata.com/ghost/ using the initial set of credentials
- Configure Ghost settings (General) and replace the default admin user with your profile.
- Remove profile for "Ghost" user. This also removes the default posts.
- Remove the banner by running the following command from the shell:
sudo /opt/bitnami/apps/ghost/bnconfig.disabled --disable_banner 1
Finally, thanks to this blog for the inspiration to set up a blog using Ghost.